ESC / Rome discussion ...

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Fri Oct 27 12:06:07 UTC 2017

Hi Jan,

Jan Iversen píše v Út 24. 10. 2017 v 11:08 +0200:

> However, I do not like the idea that we have different styles
> depending on the creation date / major modification date of the file.
> It would be so much easier to reformat the lot in one commit and have
> it behind us !!
>
> Reformatting all, means we can enforce the new style for all future
> commits, and the blacklist file will only contain a very few entries.

Let's see where it goes.  My take is that first let's see it in smaller
scale, and if it turns out to be a good thing, then let's reformat all
:-)

It's too easy to do a mistake in the conversion script / setup that
stays unnoticed, commit a huuuuuge commit, and in two weeks another
one, and in 2 months one more ;-)

So I like the approach in the line of "let's do it for new files +
subset of those that don't change too much first, and see in ~1/2 year
again if we are ready for a further step" (or that's how I understood
Miklos' plan).

All the best,
Kendy