odf2xhtml (and other xslt filters) - tabs or spaces?

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Tue Sep 12 15:44:04 UTC 2017

Hi Samuel,

Samuel Mehrbrodt píše v St 06. 09. 2017 v 14:16 +0000:

> Miklos suggested to convert all to 4 spaces instead as we do in C++
> code.The downside is that converting to spaces touches almost all
> lines,
> while this touches only a few.
>
> Are there any opinions on this?

I'd agree with Miklos.  It's true that git blame is less useful then,
but we are doing large cleanups all over the place anyway, so I don't
think a larger diff is a huge problem.

But about the filter in general - please, what are the features that
the xhtml export filter can do that our 'normal' html filter cannot?

I wonder, rather than debugging / writing xslt, wouldn't it be better
to extend our html export so that it can generate xhtml if asked to (we
already fulfill many of the requirements there anyway - seems to me),
and kill the xslt filter? ;-)

All the best,
Kendy