Introduction to LibreOffice Document Project Team

Shinnok admin at shinnok.com
Thu Sep 14 08:37:39 UTC 2017

Hi Koushik,

Thank you for introducing yourself to the list. Based on our communication so far here's an easy getting started guide for you.

Getting involved overview:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved

Instructions on how to setup a build as well as other useful starter info can be found on the Wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development>

More specifically, for Windows you can follow:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows>

The next step would be to pick one of the many unassigned issues in our Bugzilla that have been tagged with easyHack, which is described here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks

Once you assigned an issue to yourself in Bugzilla and you have a workable patch for us you need to register on our Gerrit and submit it for review:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit

Developer central page provides a bird eye view of the development tools and infrastucture around LibreOffice:
http://devcentral.libreoffice.org/

This is just a quick primer, let us know of your progress and if you get stuck, need help or anything in between please e-mail the dev list or hop on to irc at freenode.net on channel #libreoffice-dev.

Regards,
Shinnok