Testing UNO API service properties

Jens Carl j.carl43 at gmx.de
Sun Apr 1 04:41:01 UTC 2018

On 03/29/2018 12:09 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> On 03/27/2018 01:29 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>>
>> So coming back to my original question: So the intended behaviour is
>> they're read-only and meant to "display" only some information?
>
> css.sheet.FunctionDescription is apparently meant to be documentation
> for the sequence<css.beans.PropertyValue> returned by
> css.sheet.XFunctionDescription's getById.

I think all the IDL, which names have Description or Descriptor in it,
have the same behaviour.

>> Going forward the I see a couple options:
>> 1. Only test the get part and ignore the set part, because there is no
>> value to it.
>> 2. Drop these tests (don't convert them from Java to C++).
>
> I'm not sure what tests exactly you're referring to.  I would naively
> assume that there is an existing test that obtains an instance of
> ScFunctionListObj, calls getById on it, and inspects the returned sequence.

I'm currently working on

https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/qadevOOo/tests/java/ifc/sheet/_FunctionDescription.java

and

https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/qadevOOo/tests/java/ifc/sheet/_SheetSortDescriptor.java

A test which is already convert would be
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/test/source/sheet/databaseimportdescriptor.cxx