make fails on MacOS 10.13.4 with c++11 related issues

Ch g prsvrrgtd at outlook.com
Mon Apr 2 02:44:04 UTC 2018

Hello Tietze,

I update Macbook to latest 10.13.4 and also xcode tools.

I unset CCACHE_CPP2, removed gcc installed from brew.

still get make error saying:

checking whether C++11 use of const_iterator in standard containers is broken... yes
checking whether /Users/almas/lode/opt/bin/ccache /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -m64  -stdlib=libc++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk has broken static initializer_list support... yes
configure: error: working support for static initializer_list needed
Error running configure at /Users/almas/lode/dev/core/autogen.sh line 289.
Makefile:55: recipe for target '/Users/almas/lode/dev/core/config_host.mk' failed
make: *** [/Users/almas/lode/dev/core/config_host.mk] Error 2
#EOF

Regarding your reply:To purge all modifications do "git fetch --all && git reset --hard origin/master".

will "git reset --hard origin/master" undo changes already made in custom branches?

I was cherry-picking from branch A to branch B, 3 week ago.

After the first cherry-pick, I "make && make install" successfully in branch B.

But make failed with errors on locally unmodified files, I thought updating the local master branch will help resolve those issues.

So I did "./g pull -r" mistakenly on then-current branch B, which got error because of unstaged modification that are cherry-picks.

Then, I switched to branch master, and did "./g pull -r", after update, I still get  "C++11 use of const_iterator in standard containers is broken" and similar errors.

gcc -v:
Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 9.1.0 (clang-902.0.39.1)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin17.5.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

make -v
GNU Make 4.1
Built for x86_64-apple-darwin17.3.0
Copyright (C) 1988-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Will I better off "reset hard", then "make && make install", and only after make succeeded, start over(do from the beginning?) cherry-pick?