[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 11:32:59 UTC 2018

Hi Khaled,

On Thursday, 2018-04-05 16:22:26 +0000, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> There are two proposals for the project I want to mentor, but none of them
> submitted any patches so far, so I'm not sure if we want any of these or
> not.

It's too late now because GSoC slot requests should had happened
already, but we require the student to submit (not too trivial) working
patches because it shows that s/he is able to build/debug/modify the
source code. A student should also follow our documented (in the
wiki) timeline and requirements or at least ask questions if things need
to be clarified, and in general be in contact with the project. Unless
you are confident for other reasons that the student will be the right
person to implement a GSoC proposal there's no indication that such
proposal would lead to a successful GSoC project.

  Eike

GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack