Database migration in Base

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 16:26:54 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-04-10 at 17:55 +0200, Jean-Pierre Ledure wrote:
> Does this mean that once a .odb file containing an embedded HSQLDB
> database is opened in LO 6.1 there is no way back ? That file cannot
> be accessed anymore by a LO <= 6.0 user ? Is this acceptable ?

FWIW the embedded hsqldb we were using was hsqldb 1.8.0, released in
2005. The current upstream version of hsqldb is 2.4.1 and its file
format changed along the way as well, so upgrading to any newer version
 of hsqldb would have the same result of a one way migration to a new
format. Any change away from the 2005 hsqldb raises the migration
problem whether its to firebird or contemporary hsqldb.