[libreoffice-l10n] Breaking News!... Help pages can be edited directly in gerrit.

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Sun Apr 15 16:40:09 UTC 2018

Le 14/04/2018 à 10:19, Wols Lists a écrit :
> [...]
> I had a look at gerrit and couldn't make sense of it, but IFF that
> string is visible to end users, the missing space is an error.
> Punctuation should always be followed by a space.
>
> If, however, it's internal to LO code, I'd be inclined to agree with
> you, code doesn't have spaces :-)

Here, semicolon is not punctuation, it is a separator.
Space or not space before or after semicolon is not the problem, help
works equally well with and without space in <bookmark_value> ...
</bookmark_value> fields.
The problem is changing something, adding a space or removing one in
these fields because each change make the string to be translated again
without any visible effect. And translators have better to do. ;-)

Best regards.
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.