Segfaulting test-case with -flto

Martin Liška mliska at suse.cz
Thu Apr 19 12:33:29 UTC 2018

On 04/10/2018 09:32 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> The help message for the --enable-lto option says: "This is experimental work in progress that shouldn't be used unless you are working on it."
>
> Thus you have two choices: 1) Don't do that then, or 2) Debug and fix the problem.
>
> --tml

Hi.

I'm GCC developer with high focus on LTO. We are trying to use the -flto in production.
I can confirm that current trunk looks fine. But before that I added -flifetime-dse=1 to paper
over the issue. Please -Wclass-memaccess new warnings that will come with GCC 8 that should
find places where a memset is used to initialize a class fields.

Thanks,
Martin