Compiling --enable-pdfium fails

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 07:47:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 09:34:23AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
> And note that your issue is with LO's bundled external/pdfium, not core LO
> code, building against system jpeg.  Arguably, whatever missing configure
> checks are missing from pdfium's configure; so if you come up with a fix for
> that, that should probably go to the pdfium upstream.

pdfium has its unhelpful own build system inherited from Chromium, so we
don't use that, instead we just build their code with gbuild.

But otherwise sure, if changes to pdfium itself are necessary, it's good
to upstream that, I've already sent a number of patches upstream in the
recent past and it was a pleasure to work with the maintainers, so it's
not wasted effort.

Regards,

Miklos