PyQt extension development

Michael Stahl mst at libreoffice.org
Tue Apr 24 08:37:00 UTC 2018

hi Wang,

On 09/04/18 14:50, Yijie Wang wrote:
> hi everyone,
>    I've used libreoffice in ubuntu for some time, it's great and due to
> some reason I want to write a  python extension which will use PyQt to
> draw its GUI but I can't fingure out one way to do that, I've followed
> the instruction to build a small python extension and successfully
> loaded PyQt in libreoffice's python interpreter but it shows nothing
> when I tried to draw a dialogue with PyQt in that extension. Could you
> please tell me how can I do that?

using PyQt or any other Python UI toolkit for LO extensions has the
problem that PyQt will only be available if you deploy on a Linux
distribution, using the distribution's LibreOffice packages; if you
deploy on Windows or Mac OS X, the Python that is bundled with
LibreOffice does not contain PyQt or any other UI toolkit.

regards,
  michael