API-CHANGE - dropping string properties which use vnd.sun.star.GraphicObject URL

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 00:01:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Drew Jensen
<drewjensen.inbox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy list,
>
> Reading over this, and sorry if this is a naive question, but I was
> wondering if this could effect the way image controls work in forms and
> reports.
>
> When an imagecontrol on a form (or Report Builder report) is linked to a
> character field in a data table the control reads a URL from the data field
> and loads the image into the control as the user moves through the table or
> as a report is generated.
>
> For a Form, the user can also insert a graphic into the control via the GUI
> and table column with the URL.
>
> Like I say I don't have enough detail knowledge of how this works, under the
> hood, to know if what is changing here could be an issue or not, so thought
> I would ask.
>
> Thank you for your time in advance.

Yes, it does effect the image controls but just in the way that you
can't use the internal URL with the scheme
vnd.sun.star.GraphicObject:<ID>. In that case you will need to load
the image first with XGraphicProvider and set the "Graphic" property
instead of the "ImageURL" property.

It would be good to try this use cases out with the Report Builder
with the current master.

Regards, Tomaž