New Windows Tinderbox Needed

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 19:05:23 UTC 2018

Currently all Windows tinderboxes that generated the daily builds are down: @39, @42, and @62

Fortunately, I had the time this week to roll my own builds and in the process discovered 2 build breaking commits [1] [2], while another user found a 3rd one [3].  If the 3 win tinderboxes were up, the cause of these build breaking commits would be obvious to anyone monitoring the tinderbox status page.

Besides QA needing daily builds,  another advantage to having working tinderboxes is that developers don't need to rely on reports to verify that their fixes. For example Caolan was in the dark after his tried this 2nd attempt at a blind fix[4].

I have neither the computing resources nor time to constantly run builds to find breaking commits. Can TDF please put some resources towards this problem?  As you can see from the status page [5] the Linux tinderboxes are in great shape, but the Windows boxes need some attention.

-Luke

[1] http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/64-bit-Windows-build-failure-this-pointer-for-member-may-not-be-aligned-8-as-expected-by-the-construr-td4244874.html

[2] http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Windows-Debug-builds-failure-DbgGUIInitSolarMutexCheck-identifier-not-found-td4245003.html

[3] http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Segmentation-fault-when-compiling-td4245102.html