A Fresher Needs Help in Contributing

Muhammet Kara muhammet.kara at pardus.org.tr
Mon Aug 27 14:27:55 UTC 2018

Hi Aditya,

On 08/22/2018 08:05 PM, Aditya Sahu wrote:
> Hi, I'm an engineering student from India. I'm interested in
> participating in GSoC by contributing in LibreOffice. I'm having some
> trouble understanding the code, and as to where do I start
> contributing. I need help taking my first step towards open source
> community. (I have knowledge of C++)
> Help Appreciated; Thanks in advance.

Welcome! It is good to see you here! And GSoC is a very good opportunity
to dive into the FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) world.

Getting in-to/Understanding a project which has a gigantic code-base
like LibreOffice might seem intimidating at first, but fear not! It will
become easier and easier as you gain experience.

Nobody understands the whole code in detail, but we have many core
developers who each know part of the code in detail. This step by step
guide shows an easy way going from "wanting to contribute" to
successfully have the first patch merged to master:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved

> --

Best,
Muhammet