License information for extensions on LO's extension site

Kaganski Mike mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:08:53 UTC 2018

On 8/30/2018 8:02 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 30/08/18 18:43, Andreas Mantke wrote:
>> In my view it is necessary, that a LibreOffice extension that is
>> published on a TDF resource, has a clear license statement and presents
>> this license statement to the user during the installation process.
>
> Why should presenting the license during installation be necessary?
> Installing LO itself, for example, doesn't do that, either.

By the way, GPLv3 (for example) explicitly says what is required to do
with license when redistributing (4. "... give all recipients a copy of
this License along with the Program"; 9. "Acceptance Not Required for
Having Copies - You are not required to accept this License in order to
receive or run a copy of the Program").

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski