New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for LibreOffice

Kohei Yoshida libreoffice at kohei.us
Thu Aug 30 23:10:02 UTC 2018

Hi there,

> On August 30, 2018 at 11:25 AM scan-admin at coverity.com wrote:

> ** CID 1438872:    (UNUSED_VALUE)

I did look into this and I confirm coverity's assessment.  It should be resolved with the following commit:

https://gitlab.com/mdds/mdds/commit/61900151e63d232d6c49891bccb7f5d1c1976991

> ** CID 1438870:  Performance inefficiencies  (PASS_BY_VALUE)
> /usr/include/mdds-1.4/mdds/multi_type_matrix_def.inl: 697 in mdds::multi_type_matrix<matrix_trait>::walk<<unnamed>::WalkElementBlockOperation>(T1, const mdds::multi_type_matrix<matrix_trait>::size_pair_type &, const mdds::multi_type_matrix<matrix_trait>::size_pair_type &) const()

This one, however, is related to the function object being passed by value, and it's intentional.  It's modeled after how std::for_each implementation takes its function object by value and returns either a copied or a moved instance of it.

As far as I know it cannot support inline lambdas unless the method takes the function object by value.

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc volunteer hacker