MacOS Python: how to install additional packages

Michael Stahl mst at libreoffice.org
Fri Dec 7 10:00:43 UTC 2018

hi Jens,

On 06.12.18 07:35, Jens Tröger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was playing around with LO on my Mac, particularly with the Python
> interpreter and uno.  Now I need a few more packages in that Python
> environment, and it gets tricky.  There is no virtual env installed,
> when I attempt to create one, compiling modules fails because the build
> tools differ between my system and LO’s Python.

the main point of the bundled CPython is to provide a (read-only)
runtime for PyUNO extensions; it's not a goal for it to be usable as a
general purpose Python runtime.

if you want any additional modules, you have to bundle them into your
extension.

but since i don't develop extensions, i have no idea how to best do that...