Error compiling LibreOffice git (Xinerama not functional?)

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 12:23:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Mon, 2018-02-12 at 12:13 +0100, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> > Did you install the relevant -devel packages, libxslt-devel,
> > libXrandr-devel, libXinerama-devel?  Generally, `sudo dnf builddep
> > libreoffice` (as given at
>
> Sure, I manually instalelled the devel packages - however to make
> sure, I also executed the dnf builddep command you mentioned.
> However, the configure run still fails with the message mentioned
> before - the header is there, but configure does not find
> XineramaIsActive.

Look for XineramaIsActive in config.log. That may give you a hint as to
why the test fails. My guess is a compile error, as, judging from what
have you written about your other problems, your system doesn't appear
to be in a good state. (Several of us build on F-27 daily. Just as we
did on F-26, F-25, etc. before. So a problem like yours would be
noticed...)

D.