libreoffice-6.0.1.1 fails to compile with system gpgme-1.9.0

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Sun Feb 18 21:11:58 UTC 2018

On 18.02.2018 21:37, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> John Frankish wrote:
>> The problem is with:
>>
>> AC_CHECK_HEADER(gpgme++/gpgmepp_version.h, [ GPGMEPP_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/gpgme++ ],
>>
> Ah right, I guess the GPGMEPP_CFLAGS=... part there is entirely
> redundant. Should work fine w/o.

Note that we include gpgme++ include files without the leading
"gpgme++/" (e.g.

> #if HAVE_FEATURE_GPGME
> # include <gpgme.h>
> # include <context.h>
> # include <encryptionresult.h>
> # include <key.h>
> # include <data.h>
> #endif

in comphelper/source/misc/storagehelper.cxx), presumably because
external/gpgmepp/ExternalProject_gpgmepp.mk in its current form doesn't
provide those gpgme++ include files in a gpgme++ directory.

So setting GPGMEPP_CFLAGS for the --with-system-gpgmepp /is/ necessary
with the current setup, it just does not work to arbitrarily guess that
the gpgme++ directory is in /usr/include merely because the compiler is
able to include gpgme++/gpgmepp_version.h from one of its system locations.

Probably best to make external/gpgmepp/ExternalProject_gpgmepp.mk run
`make install` to somewhere, and use proper includes with "gpgme++/"
prefix across our code.