Resources on writing import/export file filters for Writer

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 11:13:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 09:03:36PM -0800, Jens Tröger <jens.troeger at light-speed.de> wrote:
> I’m looking into writing an “export filter”, i.e. exporting the
> currently open Writer document to a custom file format. Can somebody
> please point me at the appropriate documentation and perhaps code
> samples? At a later point I’d like to import a custom file format as
> well, and will look for that same documentation.

Here is one overview:
<http://fridrich.blogspot.hu/2013/08/extending-swiss-army-knife-overview.html>.
It discusses import filters, but export filters are similar in many
aspects.

If you want to read or write some obscure old file format, doing that as
part of DLP (<https://www.documentliberation.org/>) may make sense.

Regards,

Miklos