UITest_writerperfect_epubexport hang (only sometimes)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 17:41:22 UTC 2018

On 18.02.2018 02:08, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> For now I pushed a patch that will let the tests fail instead of being
> stuck.

<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=fb4d5885f3c8d00ae528ddf57b2abaa4aabfbcf3>
"uitest: add timeout for blocking actions", I assume.  Should we revert it?

For one, as Michael already responded, many builds (local,
Gerrit/Jenkins, other tinderboxes) now fail
UITest_writerperfect_epubexport with what looks like random "raise
DialogNotClosedException()".  Gut feeling is that it's way more than
used to fail UITest_writerperfect_epubexport with a deadlock.

For another, as I'd written in another mail in this thread, it's not
clear to me what we gain with such a timeout, anyway.