GSoC Proposal

Ekansh Jha jhaekansh80 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:12:38 UTC 2018

Hello Community,

I am a 3rd-year undergraduate student, in the Department of Mathematics
pursuing Integrated M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from Indian Institute of
Technology–Roorkee (IITR). I am keenly interested in contributing to
libreoffice as a part of GSoC.

I am familliar with the language C++ that is widely used in core,
additionally I have also worked with Java and python which might be helpful
to accomplish the project.

I would like to work on Improve VML import :
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas#Improve_VML_import,
It would be really great if I can get help to start for a proposal.

I have been active in community since last October and would like to
contribute in the future as well.
To further explore, I tried my hands on different kinds of bugs :
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/ekansh, Please have a look into my
gerrit submissions.

I currently use Ubuntu 16.04 GNU/Linux as my primary development platform.
The configurations of my machine are sufficient to efficiently build
libreoffice and multitask for long hours.

With Best Regards,
Ekansh Jha

‌