Implementing accessibility non-regression check tool

Samuel Thibault sthibault at hypra.fr
Tue Feb 27 13:57:23 UTC 2018

Hello,

Miklos Vajna, on mar. 27 févr. 2018 14:08:33 +0100, wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 05:22:26PM +0100, Samuel Thibault <sthibault at hypra.fr> wrote:
> > An issue with these is that they do not keep source line numbers of the
> > nodes.  That's really concerning for providing useful information to
> > the programmer.
>
> Does
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6949395/is-there-a-way-to-get-a-line-number-from-an-elementtree-element/36430270#36430270>
> help?

It's interesting.  One frightening thing however is "we assume the
default XML parser which is expat", and the _start_list (which should
actually be _start with python3) and _end hooks are not even documented.
When the python interpreter is provided by the system you wouldn't know
what would work.  We could put something which hopefully works because
the hooks happen to have the proper names, or at worse not do anything
and just not print line numbers.  I don't know what LO maintainers would
be fine with maintaining :)

Samuel