[GSoC] Getting started with Implementing Table Styles in Calc

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 14:00:02 UTC 2018

Hi Abhishek,

On Tuesday, 2018-02-27 14:30:32 +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:

> One data table style would be quite similar to a conditional format in
> the sense of how it could be handled at the document, keeping a list of
> data table styles, each having one SfxItemSet for the various properties
> each, such as top row, banded rows/column, column stripes, row stripes,
> leftmost column, rightmost column, total row, ...

One thing I forgot to mention is that within one data table style there
are hierarchical relations between some areas, such as the whole table
has one style, which is the parent of other styles if a feature of
a table style is activated, such as if banded rows are activated there
will be two row style alternating, of which each row style is a child of
the whole table style; or the header row style will be a child of the
whole table style, and the first header cell and last header cell will
each be a child of the header row style.

Class ScStyleSheet provides such relations with SetParent()

Independent of that, if you do
git grep TableStyle sd
you'll find some of the Draw/Impress implementation that may give you
some additional ideas. It is most likely not applicable to Calc though.

If you're interested and plan to work on this I can come up with a more
detailed definition of what properties / region attributes a data table
style for Calc must have and how they relate hierarchically.

  Eike

GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack