Implementing accessibility non-regression check tool

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 09:42:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 02:57:23PM +0100, Samuel Thibault <sthibault at hypra.fr> wrote:
> It's interesting.  One frightening thing however is "we assume the
> default XML parser which is expat", and the _start_list (which should
> actually be _start with python3) and _end hooks are not even documented.
> When the python interpreter is provided by the system you wouldn't know
> what would work.  We could put something which hopefully works because
> the hooks happen to have the proper names, or at worse not do anything
> and just not print line numbers.  I don't know what LO maintainers would
> be fine with maintaining :)

If I focus on maintenance, I would just use the same XML parsing
infrastructure that we use everywhere else for file import purposes, and
the checker would be in C++. We do report line and column numbers when
ODF import fails at a specific location.

But I didn't want to suggest a rewrite if you decided to go with Python
for some reason.

Regards,

Miklos