master build fails if --with-vendor option is set in autogen.input

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Tue Jan 2 21:42:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 02/01/2018 à 22:20, Caolán McNamara a écrit :
> On Fri, 2017-12-22 at 23:14 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get the following error when building the master:
>>
>>> [build CXX] framework/source/fwe/classes/sfxhelperfunctions.cxx
>>> /home/libo/master/svtools/source/misc/langhelp.cxx: In function
>>> ‘rtl::OUString getInstalledLocaleForSystemUILanguage(const
>>> com::sun::star::uno::Sequence<rtl::OUString>&, bool)’:
>>> /home/libo/master/svtools/source/misc/langhelp.cxx:128:47: error:
>>> unable to find string literal operator ‘operator""JBF_at_home’ with
>>> ‘const char [1]’, ‘long unsigned int’ arguments
>>>                   OUString sVendor(OOO_VENDOR);
>>
>> I guess the problem is in the commit
>> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git;a=commitdiff;h=1c7d3
>> 390022908cfbfd30f55e8c0c3b60a045da7
>> because no other recent commit
>> changed  svtools/source/misc/langhelp.cxx
>>
>> If I remove the option --with-vendor=JBF_at_home from my
>> autogen.input file the compile error disappears
>
> Is it
> --with-vendor=JBF_at_home
> or
> --with-vendor="JBF_at_home"
> that has the problem ? I imagine the second, right ?

Yes, the problem is with
--with-vendor="JBF_at_home"

Do you mean that I must remove the double quotes ?
It works with the double quotes for 6.0 branch. In fact in 6.0 branch
and master until recently, I used the option
--with-vendor="JBF at home"
without underscore; I added them only for testing purpose.

Best regards.
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.