Jenkins incoherence

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 4 07:15:14 UTC 2018

Hey Lionel,

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:06 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:

> https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/25062/
> looks like Jenkins build different code on (Windows and MacOS X) vs
> GNU/Linux. Given the error on the GNU/Linux builds, I don't understand
> how any other platform could build. At first I thought Jenkins build
> without Firebird on MacOS X and Windows, but the build log shows
> connectivity/source/drivers/firebird being built.
>
> Indeed:
>
> git checkout -f adf948a0895896976b138fb2e81c8b558c7af68f # timeout=30
> vs
> git checkout -f be4f19381ef0ae17c6ef964740fc671258ed0b78 # timeout=30

Note that we nowadays only build OSX and Windows with jenkins if the linux
build succeeds. As a result your job did not start a build on these
platforms and you can notice that if you select the OSX build you'll get
the results of the 25058 build instead of the 25062.

Sadly the only way to recognize it in the UI is to notice that the green
balls are slightly translucent.

Regards,
Markus