Bug 83260

Yemelyanenko Fyodor fyodor_e at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 01:20:05 UTC 2018

I gone deeper in this issue, and it not depends on Track changes Show/Hide.
Undo has RedlinesGuard, which sets show/hide to value, that been when Undo action created. So Undo works fine and I not going to purge Undo stack.

I think the problem is created by sw::DocumentRedlineManager::CompressRedlines (https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/core/doc/DocumentRedlineManager.cxx#1792). As name states it compress redlines (merges two neighbor redlines if they have same author, type, second redline starts where first ends second.mark==first.point and so on). During compression it modifies indexes and Undo crushes LO.

Now I’m investigating CompresRedlines further. I think it can be changed so it merges only two neighbor redlines in the same node and not merge cross-node. Or maybe it should be completely removed, as it only merges redlines if they’ve been created in the same minute! (https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/core/doc/docredln.cxx#946)
So chances that two redlines will be merged are very low.