segfault in DocumentLoader example

Katarina Behrens katarina.behrens at cib.de
Wed Jul 18 13:08:21 UTC 2018

Hello world,

> I copied the C++ DocumentLoader example, but I get an segmentation fault.

By "I copied C++ DocumentLoader example" you presumably mean that you've built
and run the example outside the environment set by LibO SDK (i.e. by
'setsdkenv_$your_os') ?

Correct me if I'm wrong

> The segfault is caused by invoking
> `cppu::defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext()`

Umm, so the example code could be made a bit more robust here and fail early
if the bootstrap failed (instead of assuming that bootstrap succeeds at all
times). Nevertheless it doesn't explain why bootstrapping LibO didn't work for
you.

Anyway:

> command line was: ./generator -env:URE_MORE_TYPES=file://"./offapi.rdb"
> "./test.odt"
> "uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager"
>
> Libreoffice was started with: soffice
> "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager"

Try using absolute path to the file DocumentLoader is expected to open (i.e.
'/full/path/to/test.odt' instead of './test.odt')

If that doesn't help, the next step would be adding some debug code into into
DocumentLoader.cxx code, for ex. wrap defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext
in some try-catch block and see what exception(s) are thrown ...

HTH

--
Katarina Behrens

Senior Software-Entwicklerin FLOSS
–––
CIB software GmbH
Geschäftsstelle Hamburg
Flachsland 10
22083 Hamburg
–––
T +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -235
F +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -100

Katarina.Behrens at cib.de
www.cib.de
–––
Sitz: München
Registergericht München, HRB 123286
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Brandner