Release build fails for LO 6.1.0.1.0+

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Mon Jul 23 18:49:46 UTC 2018

Le 23/07/2018 à 12:28, Michael Stahl a écrit :

Thank you for your answer. Finally it works with the following options
added to my autogen.input:
--enable-python=fully-internal
--without-system-curl

Both are necessary to build LO 6.1 in release mode. It was not the case
until branch 6.0.
It seems I didn't use "make distclean" as I thought I did when I tested
this options.

Best regards.
JBF
> On 15.07.2018 18:48, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to build LO 6.1 in release mode as I did for previous versions,
>> but it fails with the following error messages:
>>
>>> /home/libo/60/instdir/program/libpyuno.so has suspicious NEEDED:
>>> libpython3.5m.so.1.0
>>> /home/libo/60/instdir/program/libucpftp1.so has suspicious NEEDED:
>>> libcurl-gnutls.so.4
>
> neither of these libraries can be relied upon to be available on any
> contemporary GNU/Linux system, so these warnings look appropriate to me.
>
>>> /home/libo/60/instdir/program/libucpcmis1lo.so has suspicious
>>> NEEDED: libcurl-gnutls.so.4
>>> /home/libo/60/instdir/program/libsvllo.so has suspicious NEEDED:
>>> libcurl-gnutls.so.4
>>> /home/libo/60/instdir/program/libpythonloaderlo.so has suspicious
>>> NEEDED: libpython3.5m.so.1.0
>>> /home/libo/60/postprocess/CustomTarget_check_dynamic_objects.mk:20 :
>>> la recette pour la cible
>>
>> I am running Ubuntu 16.04 x86-64 and the version of curl installed by
>> the system is 7.47.0, using internal curl did not help.
>
> using internal curl is really supposed to fix this.  did you perhaps
> forget to "make ucb.clean svl.clean" after changing the flags in
> autogen.input?
>
>> I tried to build with the option --enable-python=fully-internal
>> without success.
>
> same question, but you'd need "make pyuno.clean".  the build system
> can't automatically rebuild things when configure flags change.

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.