Question, please, regarding building the code

Susan Jean susanjean05 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 15:56:47 UTC 2018

Hi again, Folks,

I have more information on the question I posted earlier. Sorry about that…I wasn’t sure if someone was going to contact me one on one or not. Bear with me, please. I’m just starting to get to know Cygwin.

In the “lode – LibreOffice Development Environment” document (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/lode), page 4, there are 3 instructions together. They are under the title, “Now it is time to build.” Note that the first 2 instructions produce no errors, but I’ve included them for completeness:

Cd dev/core
../autogen.sh
../../opt/bin/make 2>&1 | tee build.log

The exact error after executing the last line is:
“Make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.”

The part I don’t understand is “2>&1”. Is this indicating a make file somehow that it’s not finding?

Thanks very much for your help!

Susan G.