tdf#117931 SuSE developer for library loading problem

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Tue Jun 12 07:28:07 UTC 2018

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/117931
appeared on a SuSE version upgrade for the user, and hasn't been
reproduced outside of this environment. The issue is that TDF build of
LibreOffice cannot anymore load a C++ library from an extension. At
first, my guess was that a C library being used by the C++ library was
wrongfully loaded from the system instead of from the extension, and
the upgrade yanked that library, but further testing suggests it is
not the case.

The problem is probably not that SuSE-specific, but that's the known
environment that triggers the problem; the weird thing is that the
first load attempt (just after the extension is installed) works, but
further attempts fail. My guess is something around LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
rpath or something like that.

Any SuSE-using developer wants to bite and trace/debug the library

The extension
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/mysql-native-connector/4.3
bundles both libmyqlcppconn.so and libmysqlclient_r.so. LibreOffice is
supposed to dlopen() first libmysqlclient_r.so, then libmyqlcppconn.so,
and some symbols used by libmyqlcppconn.so are in libmysqlclient_r.so
For some reason, the dlopen() of libmyqlcppconn.so fails.