GSoC'18 Introduction and Getting Started with Listbox separate Read Values from Input Values

Hrishabh Rajput hrishabh.iitkgp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 08:58:33 UTC 2018

Hello Community,

I am Hrishabh Rajput, 2nd year undergraduate student from Indian Institute
of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT KGP). I performed my first build successfully
in September'17. Also, I am very well familiar with the C++ language. (IRC
Nick: hrishabh)

I am interested in and would like to work on the GSoC project related to
LibreOffice Base, ListBox separate Read Values from Input Values:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas#Listbox_separate_read_values_from_input_values.
I have already started to explore the project and to understand the
implementation of ListBox.

I found out that the Modules "connectivity" and "dbaccess" are under the
Database Access Project. And the modules "forms" and "svx" are also related
to Database Access, but are in different projects. Found this out from
https://www.openoffice.org/dba/development/project_structure.html.
Probably, I will be working in these modules for most of my time, if not
all, particularly in the file ListBox.cxx (
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/forms/source/component/ListBox.cxx
).

I also made myself familiar with LO Base, and tried to understand the
implementation of ListBox and it's terminology. What I got is that the list
entries are the strings that are shown to the user. These list entries are
mapped to the ValueList, and they together form the List Content. The
ValueList is mapped to the Datafield (which is a column of the Value Table
of the Database).

It would be great if some insight and guidance is provided on the project
and correctness of the above information.

Thank you.