GSoC 2018 Introduction

pappu kumar pappukr4444 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 07:23:13 UTC 2018

Hello!

My name is Pappu Kumar. I'm in the Fourth year of my pursuing Degree
(B.Tech) in Information technology.

I have been using Libre on my laptop ever since I got it. I love using
it,given that it is so efficient and effective at getting the work
done. Being a regular and grateful user, I plan on giving back to the
open source community to the best of my capacity.

I would like to contribute to the project "Supprot Multicoloured font
format" of LibreOffice. I have intermediate level C++ but my intention
to learn whatever is required to be able to make a meaningful
contribution.

=============================

Guidance Reqired

I also go through some open source project that already working on the
COLR/CPAL like

https://github.com/mozilla/emojione-colr

https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz

https://github.com/rillig/sfntly

but I have some question regarding the project:-

1) We have to develop our own library or we can use some existing library.

Please give some reference link or books if any.

--
Thanks and Regards,
--

*B.Tech (IT & Mathematical innovations)*
*Cluster Innovation Centre*