Error building

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:28:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 12:52 AM, fady esam <fadyesam1996 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When i try to build the project pn windows with cygwin it gives me this
> error
>
> configure: error: al.exe not found as /al.exe
> Error running configure at /cygdrive/c/sources/core/autogen.sh line 289.
>

> even tho i have the latest windows sdk.. what should i do?

You don't need any windows SDK to build LibreOffice on windows.

You only need SDK if you want to run a symbol server/create
debug-symbols for others (aka only used by entities providing builds
to the public/customers)

But when installing Visual Studio, you need to make sure to check the
c++ desktop development components.

ciao
Christian