Call for help in MSI/DEB/RPM packaging for new help

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 16:43:12 UTC 2018

On 06.03.2018 16:13, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> The task looks simple: once the new help is built (--with-help=html),
> the help files are available in core/instdir/help/6.1 so it must take
> the 6.1/ folder and make a package, which is as simple as zipping it. Of
> course, replace '6.1' by %PRODUCTVERSION.

Looks odd to me that the help content would be stored in the LO instset
under a %PRODUCTVERSION dir.  Any given LO instset will only contain
help content for the given LO version, anyway, I assume?

(If, for example, some subset of the help content would happen to remain
identical across two subsequent LO versions, then intelligent update
processes could exploit that and leave that part of the LO installation
alone.  If, however, there is an artificial difference because of a path
change from .../6.1/... to .../6.2/..., that only makes the intelligent
update process's job harder.)