Reshma, GSOC'18 introduction

reshma r reshma.ramaprasad at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 15:04:53 UTC 2018

Hi everyone! My name is Reshma and I am a third year engineering student
doing my Bachelors in Information Science at PES Institute of Technology in
Bangalore, India.

Having taken courses in C++, Java, and python in college so far, I was
feeling pretty confident at first.
However, after grappling with the build monster and nearly drowning in a
sea of code (before being saved by grok), I have been reevaluating myself.
Right now, I'm in my happy place because I finally submitted my first
patch!

Haha, well I am interested in the project "100 paper cuts" because
1. I can relate to a lot of them since I use LO (mostly Writer and Impress)
regularly for project documentation and such.
2. I've enjoyed solving them so far.

My goal is to skill up by solving more in the next two weeks. Any other
tips on what I can do to build a strong proposal for this project or any
other feedback is much appreciated.

Also I just want to thank this whole community for being so friendly and
awesome. I wish I'd gotten into open source earlier.

Cheers
--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one
depends on the unreasonable man.