API-CHANGE - dropping string properties which use vnd.sun.star.GraphicObject URL

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:15:32 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:06 PM, Thorsten Behrens <thb at libreoffice.org> wrote:
> Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:
>> I'm working on image handling re-work [1] [2] [3] and I need to drop
>> the GraphicURL
>>
> [snip]
>
> Hey Tomaž,
>
> thx for the heads-up, and thx for currently only deprecating the
> GraphicURL properties. Especially for inserting graphics into
> documents, that's been the documented way since ~forever, so there's a
> ton of extensions and macros out there relying on that.
>
> Is inserting graphics via the URL property something that you plan to
> still support after the rework?

Just for clarification - they are marked deprecated in the idl files
for now, but in the code they don't exist anymore. If the properties
should still exist for backwards compatibility then someone will have
to come up with a behavior how this should work. The assumption all
along the re-work was that they will be removed.

> Cheers,
>
> -- Thorsten

Regards, Tomaž