A new Perl dependency: Font:TTF::Font (Win-only for MSI package generation)

Mike Kaganski mike.kaganski at collabora.com
Mon Mar 26 10:16:28 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I have just pushed commit c91f70f9b0129685737260c04a2e347726f1dedf,
which adds a new Perl module dependency: Font:TTF::Font from SIL [1].
This is required to correctly retrieve the versions of the fonts we
include into MSI packages. Without that, we repeatedly encounter issues
related to fonts being removed or not installed, because Windows thinks
that the proposed fonts have too low version.

So, those who build MSIs, would need to install the module using
something like `sudo cpan Font::TTF::Font` (or without `sudo` works here
on Cygwin also). The buildbots that generate MSIs need that, too.

I will update the wiki [2] shortly.

[1] https://metacpan.org/release/Font-TTF
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows

--