'StylePoolImpl::createIterator': function does not take 0 arguments

himajin100000 himajin100000 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 08:32:00 UTC 2018

> How exactly do you do your builds

As is often the case with newbies to a certain domain, people are  often
afraid that they could have missed anything,
and want to get relaxed with full-feature option, and that's what
happened to me, as a newbie to OSS development.

I spent several hours reading codes on opengrok, but what the program
really does wasn't clear enough to me and wanted a logging feature. I
came to know I can use SAL_INFO and SAL_WARN, and that was my ultimate
goal at that time. Here I started to be in a status mentioned above, I
chose to enable full feature. Most code seemed using OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL up
to 2. Taking margins into account, I set dbglevel=3.

SO THE COMMAND I USED WAS:
====
/cygdrive/c/sources/libo-core/autogen.sh --enable-64-bit
--enable-sal-log --enable-dbgutil --enable-selective-debuginfo="sw/ sc/
vcl/ sax/ svx/" --with-lang="ja"
--with-external-tar=/cygdrive/c/sources/lo-externalsrc
--with-junit=/cygdrive/c/sources/junit-4.12.jar
--with-hamcrest=/cygdrive/c/sources/hamcrest-core-1.3.jar
--with-ant-home=/cygdrive/c/sources/apache-ant-1.10.2 --enable-pch
--disable-ccache --with-windows-sdk=10.0 --with-visual-studio=2017

/cygdrive/c/cygwin64/opt/lo/bin/make build-nocheck gb_COLOR=1 dbglevel=3
====
There were some rotting code, precisely rotten code, like
basegfx/test/boxclipper.cxx?r=db045855#364 (missing argument). Not
knowing what would be the ideal fix , I just commented out or deleted
all those craps on my local branch, and I  succeeded to make my own
build and to use SAL_INFO.

========
>it would not be set when you merely configure --enable-debug or
--enable-dbgutil,
>Having fallen into this pitfall a couple of times and got a headache
understanding why the code was not executed,
>What you say "make my own DEBUG build", what do you mean exactly?

Wow. So I was also misunderstanding the DEBUG macro too. I was thinking,
by using either of the options the DEBUG build in my definition would be
made, and that's what I meant the "DEBUG build" for.

========
I believe that developers( including me, as a newbie ) should put
efforts in keeping compile task to be (mostly) successful as possible as
they can, even if the code is not often used, and that was my motivation
of writing "I will write a patch" in the aforementioned bug report. I
already have prepared some patches(but does not cover all the problems)
in my local branch to reduce someone's needs for his/her efforts in the
future who would want to make his/her own build.

If no one against this idea of mine appears by tomorrow afternoon, I
will submit the patches to gerrit and wait for the code-review.