LOOL Client module - Problem with implementation

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 7 07:47:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 06:41:38PM +0000, Renato Ribeiro <RenatoRibeiro_88 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build LOOL for my final project. As a first step build the LO core without problems and the wsd "module" too. When I do "make run" the server start to listen the port 9980 and keep waiting for a client connection. If I try to open the LibreOffice follow the link:
>
> (https://localhost:9980/loleaflet/2bac7784b/loleaflet.html?file_path=file:///home/renato/libreoffice/online/test/data/hello-world.odt)
>
> I can access the document on Web Browser. I think the server part is ready!

If you see that in the brower, then the client part is ready, too. :-)

> But now, I can't understand well the client part. Supposedly, When a
> client establish connection with the server "He'll be closed inside
> the LibreOffice directory" (chroot jail). Is that? How I can give
> permissions for the client to access the jail? Do I need to create a
> group to manage this clients? I choose to do make run "automatically"
> so I not set up a minimal chroot system manually. Will it be a problem
> for me?

Not really. An --enable-debug build can run just fine without creating
any additional system user/group.

> It's a little bit confuse for me. I read the READ document in
> Loleaflet folder but I don't understand the strategy to follow.
>
> Please someone could help me with this question?

The detail that most of the LibreOffice code runs inside a chroot is
invisible to the clients, you can ignore that in the client.

What is your actual question?

Regards,

Miklos