Subsequent Test PythonTest_dbaccess_python stuck in Infinite Loop

Tamas Bunth tamas.bunth at collabora.co.uk
Fri May 11 17:59:21 UTC 2018

Hi Luke,

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 01:50:20AM +0000, Luke Benes wrote:
> I wouldn't expect a refactoring to modify the behavior. Could you please verify that the change in behavior that your commit caused was intentional?

There were no intentional behavioural changes.

Thank you Mike for the patch, I think it is all good now.

> Here is the error when you kill python.exe
>
> [build SCK] xmloff
>
> Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:
>
> make PythonTest_dbaccess_python CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"
>     # for interactive debugging on Linux
> make PythonTest_dbaccess_python VALGRIND=memcheck
>     # for memory checking
> make PythonTest_dbaccess_python DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE
>     # for exception catching

This happened because the migration code has run in case of HSQLDB related unit
tests too (like PythonTest_dbaccess_python). I think HSQLDB unit tests should
still test the hsqldb driver, not the migration (at least while the hsqldb
driver is not completely removed).

Anyway, if someone would want these unit tests to test the migration, there are
some driver specific stuff that should be modified. I've already done that one
time, but I got it reverted:

3bb1f0b3a8f71807c221fda22433571f9a0497d2

Thanks:
Tamás