String Length and Array Indexes in macros

Michael Stahl mst at libreoffice.org
Wed May 16 08:23:52 UTC 2018

On 15/05/18 22:27, Eike Rathke wrote:

> BUT, probably for some (stream?) compatibility (or oversight?), for
> example the TypeLen() function still returns an int16 value because the
> result is stored as an int16 (while seeing that, I think it could be
> fixed). Also, for persistent storage UTF-16 may have to be converted to
> a different encoding, which may halve or third the theoretical capacity
> depending on the actual characters used.

there is a bytecode representation for StarBasic that is used if you
store "encrypted" macros inside a document - i.e. the StarBasic source
code is encrypted then, but an unencrypted bytecode representation is
stored as well that can be executed without access to the source code.

this is of course a silly enterprise-grade feature, but it's possible
that it may limit what we can easily change in the StarBasic implementation.