LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Wed May 23 06:20:36 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 02:25:38AM +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> > OTOH, risking this in 6.2 and having even less time to shake stuff
> > out in "real-life" is worse.
> >
> Not sure I get that? Should be in master sometime in summer, so enough
> time to shake out issues?

Without wanting to say anything about the code quality, neither here nor
back then in the gtk3 case:

I completely disagree with that. How long was gtk3 in master before
being usable?

And people only test it on real-life late. Lesson learned.

And looking at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/6.2#6.2.0_release the
first alpha is not "in summer" anyway, but October. And if people only
test it in real-life with rc1 or even final...

That being merged for 6.2 will definitely mean I'll stick with 6.1 for
buster :)

Regards,

Rene