Broken --with-help=html `make packageinfo`

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed May 23 11:09:57 UTC 2018

There's a `make packageinfo` target ("generates package information for
distros" according to solenv/gbuild/gbuild.help.txt) which I'm not sure
who uses it, if anybody at all.

With the current state of --with-help=html configuration (to have
offline help content bundled with LO and displayed through a browser
application, which isn't the default yet), what I assume the intended
output of `make packageinfo` (namely, the files under
workdir/PackageInfo/) is not correct:

For one, the workdir/PackageInfo/help-*.files are completely empty.  For
another,

  help/*/bookmarks.js
  help/*/contents.js
  help/*/text

are listed in workdir/PackageInfo/l10n-*.files instead of
workdir/PackageInfo/help-*.files.

If anybody uses `make packageinfo` they need to get that fixed if they
use --with-help=html (explicitly now, or implicitly in the future when
that eventually becomes the default).

If, on the other hand, nobody uses `make packageinfo`, we should rip
that out.