Slow UITests

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue May 29 08:02:56 UTC 2018

I see that some of the UITests (executed at least during `make check`)
take rather long, one taking over 20 min for me, see below for details.

I'm not sure whether something fundamental could be improved to cut down
on processing time (e.g., on a cursory glance, it looks to me that a
single UITest sequentially spawns multiple soffice processes?), or
whether the cure would be to split the longer-running UITests into
smaller ones each doing fewer sub-tests so that multiple of those
smaller tests will run in parallel (similar to how other CppunitTests or
JunitTests have been split in the past).

But I would ask the authors/maintainers of those UITests to please do
something appropriate to help reduce overall build time.

Edited output of elapsed wall-clock time for each of the UITests (which
all succeeded) for me (running `for i in */UITest_*.mk; do (cd
"$(dirname "$i")" && (time make -rs "$(basename "$i" .mk)"; echo $?));
done`):

    0m13.038s hide_cols
    0m13.080s range_name
    0m14.920s search_replace