About tdf#121074

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 10:04:47 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-11-08 at 22:19 +0100, Julien Nabet wrote:
> I'm not completely sure too but there's no doc about this and putting
> an height or a width to a negative value (except -1 to tell it's
> uninitialized) seems really weird.

Well, IIRC there was something in some of the msword file formats where
a negative height for something specifies that its a exact height,
which a positive height specifies that its a minimum height (or the
other way around)

> Now I'm stuck with a third assert (see bt + gdb).
>
> Putting some break, I found that it was coming from
>
>     2707     else if ( (nType==ControlType::Listbox) &&
>     2708               ((nPart==ControlPart::ButtonDown) ||
> (nPart==ControlPart::SubEdit)) )
>     2709     {
>     2710         aEditRect = NWGetComboBoxButtonRect( nPart,
> rControlRegion );
>     2711     }

I imagine that this is a temporary thing, the initial size of the
containing panel is small/meaningless until its fully populated and
then its sized to something meaningful and redrawn properly.

If you're just looking for suspicious things, then there's no harm in
just fixing that up locally so you can continue, but I wouldn't commit
the temp hackery to master unless there is some obviously wrong thing
detected.