Compiler baselines

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Nov 22 08:50:28 UTC 2018

Slightly related, could we bump the minimum macOS version requirement? We
have had it at 10.9 for quite some time now already. IMHO we should bump it
once a year, so that the maximum age of macOS we support stays the same.
(Assuming macOS keeps coming out with a new 10.x release once a year.)

Bumping it to 10.10 would for instance allow us to with a clean conscience
get rid of the dubious macOS-specific code that perhaps tries to make
buttons "pulsate", as that look has not been in vogue since pre-10.10 days.
(See tdf#114839 and look for AquaBlinker in vcl.)

Perhaps bump to 10.11 even?

--tml