lode's "add a mode to consider autogen.sh failure 'ok'"

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:02:21 UTC 2018

Hey Stephan,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 9:18 AM Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Anybody remember what the lode repo's
> <
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/lode/+/1d0e18c1ce4bf703efe1266db6ce692ae0e4bafd%5E!/>
>
> "add a mode to consider autogen.sh failure 'ok'" is supposed to achieve?
>   AFAICS, what it does now is consider "Random Config Linux builder"
> builds like
> <https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_tb_random_config_linux/1633/> as
> successful, even thought they fail in the configure step:
>
> [...]
> > checking for gperf... /usr/bin/gperf
> > checking whether gperf is new enough... configure: error: "GNU gperf
> 3.0.4" is too old or unrecognized, must be at least gperf 3.1
> > Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 296.
> > No emails were triggered.
> > Finished: SUCCESS

The Random Config Job takes random configure values and we consider a
combination that configure rejects as a success. The plan behind the job is
that either configure rejects a combination or the build needs to succeed.
It is unfortunate that during the update of the underlying VM we see
potential flase positives right now but we can just disable the job until
the machine has been updated.

Kind regards,
Markus