unit test LayerTabBar, now linker problem

Michael Stahl mst at libreoffice.org
Sun Oct 14 11:49:12 UTC 2018

On 13/10/2018 21:04, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the patch in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/61545 works fine on my PC,
> but I get an error message from Jenkins
>
> Build Failed
>
> https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_master/16732/ : FAILURE
>
> linker cannot find typeinfo for sd::GraphicViewShell (
> https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_linux_gcc_release/17086/ )
>
> What is wrong there?

apparently GCC can't find the type information for GraphicViewShell
because it isn't exported from the shared library "sd".

it is needed because of dynamic_cast<sd::GraphicViewShell*> in the test.

you could use SAL_DLLPUBLIC_RTTI on GraphicViewShell, which will export
just enough so that dynamic_cast and type_info works, or use
SD_DLLPUBLIC on it, which will make all its member functions available
as well.

> What do I need to do on my PC (Windows 10, 64bit) to catch it?

probably the issue doesn't happen with MSVC because it implements
dynamic_cast differently, so unless you want to set up a Linux VM,
you'll have to rely on Jenkins...